Went into the Bloomingdale Ave, Florida, store on 6/18/17 to return a propane tank that had a "frozen" knob.I had tried every which way to loosen the knob so we could grill, but ended up breaking off a small portion of the knob.

It would not move. Luckily I had a spare tank which I had just purchased a week earlier. I immediately ran into problems with the "managers", both of whom basically accused me of lying about buying the tank from them and were very rude. I called the first manager a liar when he said I didn't buy the tank from them.

They are the only place I have ever bought propane from in 15 years. They then looked through the records and could not find where I had bought the tank, just a refill. This could not be correct, because as I explained time and again, my old tank had expired just a year earlier and they (the store) informed me at that time I had to have a new tank. They sold me another tank with a new expiration date at that time, with a new fill of propane.

I admit, the tank looked used, not new, but it did have a new expiration date on it. So, all during this time, the arguments went on, me accusing them of not backing their product and them accusing me of trying to return a tank to them that I did not buy from them. In the end, they did give me a refill tank with a few years on it, but not the 11-12 years I paid for originally. All of this because I could not provide proof for a tank I bought a year ago.

Why not just believe the customer? I am 63 years old and obviously not there because I wanted to get away with something. The tank was broke, I bought it from them, did not get one day of use from it, and they wouldn't take it back until I got completely enraged. Then, just as I was leaving, the employee said, as he was walking away "that is a rude thing, to call someone a liar".

And, of course, that set me off again because, although they never used the word liar, they were accusing me of that. I then stopped me car and asked the real store manager, Bruce Coldry (SP?), if I could file a complaint, in writing. He basically told me he was the end of the line and would take care of it, whic told me nothing was going to happen. So, here I am.

I'm not asking for anyone to be fired or even reprimanded, I just want Ace Hardware to honor their products without giving customers a hard time.Especially customers that have been going to a store for years.

Review about: Propane.

1.8
PRODUCT OR SERVICE Ace Hardware Manager
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Poor customer service / Not specified
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Ace Hardware?

Comments

Be the first to start a discussion